From November 2019 I am a research assistant in multi-robot systems at Örebro University. I got my Master’s Degree in robotics and automation engineering (2016) with a background in electronics (Bachelor, 2013) both at the University of Pisa. In July 2020 I got my Ph.D. in robotics and automation at the University of Pisa, focused on integrated coordination, planning and control algorithms for single and multi-mobile robot systems.
I am particularly interested in studying the multi-robot management problem under a holistic view and in exploiting formal tools to ensure a provably safe yet efficient multi-robot management in real applications.
Together with Federico Pecora, I am one of the developers and principal maintainers of the coordination_oru library, a general-purpose tool for integrated motion planning, coordination, and control for fleets of autonomous robots. The library is used in industrial research and development by third parties such as Volvo, Scania, and Epiroc.
- Parallel programmering (HT20, DT515A), October – December 2020
- “Online multi-robot coordination: a problem for robots and distributed systems.”, Distributed System (HT20, DT500A), 16 December 2020
- ILIAD – Intra-Logistics with Integrated Automatic Deployment (http://iliad-project.eu/), EU’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program under agreement no. 732737, 1 January 2017 – 30 June 2021
- Semantic Robots, 2014 – 2021
- AutoHauler – Automated Planning and Coordination of Autonomous Haulers in Underground Mines, 2020 – 2023